Wednesday, July 23, 2008

My Visitors So Far*

This humble blog started in 2006. But it wasn't until a few months ago that I began "tracking" my visitors, i.e. you. Don't worry, you have remained and you will remain anonymous. I just keep track of the number of visitors per day and the countries they are from.


I've listed the countries on the left column. Today, a visitor made El Salvador the 90th country on my list. Obviously, as is the case with my Rides of Heads of State series, I plan to collect them all. And by that, I mean all U.N. member states, plus Taiwan and the Vatican.

I can report that most of my visitors are from the U.S., Canada, and Western Europe. I suspect that a lot of people from "obscure" countries visited this blog because they googled their country's name and the Rides series came up, identifying their leader's ride. Africa, of course, is woefully underrepresented, not only because of poor connectivity, but because people living on less than a dollar a day have more important things to do than to see my review of Maui restaurants.

As of this week, my blog has not been banned by the Chinese Communist Party.

Given one of this blog's major themes, I hope to get visitors from Mongolia and all of the -stans, less Pakistan and Kyrgyzstan.

Thank you, everyone.

CKY

No comments: