Monday, March 30, 2009

Quantum of Solace Location Fonts

This weekend, I bought Quantum of Solace on DVD to complete my 007 collection. After watching it again, this time on the small screen, I came to realize how beautifully shot the entire movie is. What caught my eye again were the unique fonts for each of the movie locations.

Britain's Tomato hand-designed the fonts. But what do the different fonts signify? I don't have insight into the mind of the designer, so here are my own interpretations. Talk about a Rorschach test!

Talamone (Matthis's home): This was an old Etruscan city. The font reminds me of the Etruscan alphabet.

Siena: The "S" looks like a treble clef. Siena is known for its art and architecture.

London: Uptight, formal, understated.

Port Au Prince: Haphazard, chaotic.

Bregenz: Founded as a fortified town, the bottom of the "G" looks like a pike.

La Paz: The blue Pacific, the blue peace.

Kazan: Industrial city, stenciled paint job.

CKY

No comments: