Friday, May 14, 2010

My third Kiva taxi cab driver

Kiva is a micro-lending site that hooks up 1st worlders with 3rd worlders.  I, along with a dozen or so other people, each lend an entrepreneur $25 for their business.  Over the span of a year, that person pays us back.

When I signed up in 2008, I decided to focus on cab drivers because, if you have not noticed, I like cars.

The first person I signed up to give a hand was Salom in Tajikistan.  He paid all the money back on time.

After he paid me back in 2009, I lent the same $25 to Fayez in Lebanon.  He paid it all back today.

Now, I am on my third cabbie-- Carlos from Bolivia.   Would you join me?

2 comments:

F1Outsider said...

Sure. I've lost $25 doing worst things.... Send me the info.

Maxichamp said...

Just click on "Carlos from Bolivia" in the post. :)