Thursday, March 17, 2011

Carspotting: 1992 Buick Roadmaster and 1950s Chevy

I was pumping gas yesterday ($57+ to fill up a four banger!) in Oakland when I spotted the blue Chevy.  I jogged over to take some pictures.


Then I noticed the Buick behind it.




I suggested to our intrepid Finn that he should drive this behemoth across our blue and red country.  This one looks like it's in pretty decent shape considering its age.  The license plate tells us that it has had more than one owner.

But then, I looked at the Chevy again.  Driving that on Route 66 would be any car buff's dream.

2 comments:

Edvin said...

The Roadmaster will definately be a candidate. That Chevy would be cool, but I imagine they'd be quite expensive in a semi-reliable form?

Maxichamp said...

@Edvin: I have no idea how much these Chevys cost, in good shape or poor.