Monday, October 31, 2011

Academy of Art's car collection

I spent half of Sunday morning hunting down a $250,000+ supercar for a scavenger hunt.  While checking out the Lamborghinis and Bentleys at a dealership on Van Ness, I noticed a collection of old cars across the street at the old Mercedes dealership.  Apparently, these belong to the Academy of Art.








And no, I did not find the right car at the Lambo/Bentley dealership.  The highest priced car there was a $233,000 Bentley.  So close!

Better pictures of the collection here.

5 comments:

steve-vh said...

we were just there a week ago.
My head would snap at the sight of that Talbot Lago everytime we went by.

Maxichamp said...

@steve: I hope you had a good time here. Was that place open to the public?

steve-vh said...

Nope, locked up tight every time.
Thanks! We had a phenomental time, even with the two earthquakes.
Spent 7.5 days so we did alot of extra exploring that we don't usually do and spent time with several locals we know.
and ate lots of great food.

Maxichamp said...

@steve: Those were pretty strong tumblers. My office has a nice crack from them.

steve-vh said...

yeah, first one we had to be told what is was and then I realized the bench I was on was bolted down and yet moving.
The second we were on the top floor of the hotel. when I saw the lampshade moving as well, well I knew what it was.
At that point my wife was well ready to come home!