Saturday, March 03, 2012

Car flagpoles for sale


Edvin shared this article about the inauguration of the Finnish president.  Dozens of diplomatic cars from all over the world showed up and were identified by a car-loving journalist/photographer.  The photo gallery of the cars got me thinking about getting a flagpole mounted on the front fender/bumper.

I found a company in Sweden that sells flagpoles to diplomatic missions.  Apparently, you can drill a hole in your fender and install a fixed flagpole or simply buy a magnetic flagpole.  The store also has a large assortment of flags.  If everything weren't so expensive, I'd buy a magnetic pole and a NATO flag for the Phaeton's entry at the Concours d'LeMons.


7 comments:

Edvin said...

BMW has flagpoles for the 7-series as OEM spare parts, so I checked if there are original flagpoles for the Phaeton, but sadly there aren't any. :(

Maxichamp said...

@Edvin: Interesting. I know they had OEM poles for Mercedes as well.

Alan said...

Do it! That would be such a hit at Cars and Coffee.

Some flag suggestions:

Wolfsburg crest

A Bentley flying B

North Korean flag

A black flag with white letters that reads "DEPRECIATION"

Maxichamp said...

@Alan: Smartass.

Dude, 150 euros is like $2 billion U.S.

The North Korean flag would be hilarious.

There is a category at Concours d'Lemons for most depreciated car. So unless an S600 shows up, I'll definitely win.

Peter Secor said...

How do I attach the magnetic flagpoles to my fully depreciated S8? ;)

Maxichamp said...

@Peter: I'm totally clueless, but do magnets stick to aluminum?

Butler said...

No. If you don't believe me, stick a magnet to your soda can. It just won't stick.