Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Cadillac Performance Lab

I went to a CTS-V event today at Sears Point/Infineon. I'll do a full write-up on Hooniverse. Here are my pictures.

Coincidentally, S, the gentleman who bought the Popemobile, was also going to the event. So he gave me a ride at 6:30 in the morning.

Lots of CTS-V wagons, coupes, and sedans for us to sample.


We started with two laps in the coupe.

While we waited our turn behind the wheel, there was this racer for us to gawk at.

Waiting room. The power seats work!

Supercharged V8. Over 550 horsepower.

Racer's engine.

We also sat through several classes and presentations by Michelin, Recaro, Brembo, and BWI (formerly Delco, maker of the magnetic ride dampers).


We did slaloms, mini drag races, and obstacle avoidance maneuvers in the ATS.


Then another three or four laps in the wagon (we had a choice between the wagon and the sedan). A few manuals were available. I only tried the autos.

An XTS on display.

S was thoughtful enough to give me these, which he picked up at the Transparent Factory in Dresden. A lifestyle magazine and two chocolates for me!

No comments: