Thursday, December 10, 2015

Eating the Globe: Italy


Finally, some decent ethnic food that won't give me dysentery. A friend and I shared this pizza at Boot & Shoe Service. My only regret was getting too many toppings.

Whenever I go out for Italian, I get anything on the menu (steak, chicken, veal, ravioli, pizza, lasagne) but long noodles. Because I don't want to look like this:


The conversation was fun. My friend lived in Germany for two decades. One of his jobs was working for the BMW-backed Schnitzer team that ran this McLaren F1:


We talked about all things automotive. He was at Le Mans when that infamous Mercedes flip happened:


We also talked about his Ferrari 308 ownership experience (robust engine and transmission, crappy power windows), how he hitchhiked and ended up driving a Ferrari F40 500 yards, and the most impressive car he has ever driven-- an E34 M5 flat out on the autobahn.

Countries tried so far:
Asia: China, Philippines
Europe: Italy
North America: Mexico, USA

No comments: