Sunday, May 15, 2016

A Saturday of unexpected cars

I saw a bunch of cool cars without even planning on it.

On my way to the post office, I passed by a local car show. It consisted mostly of American hot rods and muscle cars, but this Fairlady caught my eye.

The current owner's uncle was a part of the Flying Tigers and bought this car in Japan. He brought it back to California. He would drive it cross country every year to visit his kids. The current owner had a specialty shop in Chico restore it from the ground up. It took three years.


That bar's only purpose is to hold the seat belts. The current owner is very tall and this is the only configuration that works for him.




On my way to get an REI gift card for my graduating godson, I saw my Saab again.


And at the REI parking lot, I spotted this old International Scout.




After picking up the card, I headed to Moss Beach for a friend's housewarming BBQ. There was a car show at the local high school in Pacifica. Again, mostly hot rods and muscle cars, but there was also this Studebaker. The weather was beautiful.


And this Abarth.


On the way back to my car, I noticed this Pontiac G6 convertible parked in front of a G8 (Holden). I had no idea the G6 came in a convertible version. I also didn't realize that the G6 was related to the Saab 9-3.


No comments: